The Joy of Missing Out
Through historical data, typewritten letters, chapter challenges and personal accounts, The Joy of Missing Out, leads us on a unique exploration of the modern world, revealing how presentness, intentionality and limited connections are the keys to our joy. Featured in Psychology Today, The New York Times, Utne Reader, NPR, CBC, BBC.com, Glamour Brasil and more. Translated into Korean and Japanese.
"A must read."
- Psychology Today
"Finely drawn from experience and research."
- Dr. Laurie Petrou, School of Media, Ryerson University
"A life-changer for anyone experiencing the pressure and disconnection of a fast-paced, media-saturated culture."
- Rachel Macy Stafford, New York Times Best-selling Author of Hands Free Mama
"The Joy of Missing Out reclaims sacred space for all things blessedly human, and I highly recommend it to readers."
- Jen Pollock Michel, author, Teach Us to Want, Christianity Today's Book of the Year 2015
"Beautifully written. The Joy of Missing Out will encourage you to rediscover the pleasure of life, unplugged."
- Janine Vangool, publisher and editor, UPPERCASE magazine
"In its own way, The Joy of Missing Out is our age's sequel to The Joy of Cooking and The Joy of Sex. Who knew you could gain so much by selectively giving up so little?"
- Dr. Read Mercer Schuchardt, Associate Professor of Communication, Wheaton College
- Mike Tennant, co-creator, CBC's The Age of Persuasion